Wellbeing Wins 2020

As we wrap up the end of our year, we’re going to look back and reflect on the Wellbeing Wins we had in 2020. We’d like to highlight the wins our community members had this year.  If you have had a triumph this year in one of the 7 areas of wellbeing (Social, Cultural, Mental/Emotional, Career, Financial, Environmental), and would like to share it with the CVM community in the final newsletter for 2020, please submit it here! We’ll be collecting “wins” through December 14, 2020.

Think back on the triumphs (big or small) that you had this year in one of the 7 areas of wellbeing (Social, Cultural, Mental/Emotional, Career, Financial, Environmental). Sharing your progress will allow our community to celebrate with you, and may even inspire others in their goals for wellbeing!

Remember, we’re all about the growth mindset. For our purposes here, the little things count just as much the bigger victories. The idea is to collectively reflect, and celebrate the progress we made, in spite of a challenging year.

We’re looking to end the year acknowledging, appreciating and celebrating the good things that 2020 brought us, and reflect the wellbeing progress we can grow on next year. 

Examples of Wellbeing Wins for this year might be:

• Physical: I got back into basketball during the pandemic when I could no longer go to the gym
  • “Social: I finally learned how to use Facetime so that I could keep in touch with my grandkids, and now we have weekly visits! 
  • Mental/Emotional: I read a book on mindfulness and really enjoyed it. I have started putting it into practice and notice a difference in how I feel!
  • Financial: I applied for and received a grant that will help me fund a research project I’m really passionate about
  • Cultural: I learned a lot about cultural differences through several discussion groups I took part in this Fall. I now have a better appreciation for why diversity matters. 
  • Environmental: I got my kids set up at home with a special area for their online learning. It’s not the same as being in the classroom, but they are able to surround themselves with an environment dedicated to their learning that seems to be working for them.
  • Career: I got an offer for a great position after graduation that will allow me to continue in a specialty I’m really interested in!
Submit Your Wellbeing Win!

Questions? Email us at cvmwellbeing@ncsu.edu